The East Lake Special Fire Control District is currently NOT hiring. When we are activley seeking qualified applicants for open positions of Firefighter/Paramedic we will post on this page and you can use the below information as guidance for application .
You are encouraged to seek out more information about our department on our website or call 727-784-8668 ext. 206 to speak with Deputy Chief Michael Porch. Application and Testing services for this position will be done through National Testing Network, Inc. (NTN).
To fill out an application and schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select Firefighter and under Florida select East Lake Special Fire Control District.
What to expect at the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
· Completion of the application process
· Review all information related to the East Lake Special Fire Control District firefighter/ Paramedic position, including minimum requirements, salary and benefits.
· Detailed information about the testing process for both the entry level test and CPAT testing.
· Opportunity to take online practice tests at www.fireteamtest.com.
· Schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered multiple times a week, including Saturdays.
· Take high quality job simulation tests in a standardized, fair testing environment.
Upon completion of the entry level exam and CPAT testing, all candidate scores are automatically forwarded to the East Lake Special Fire Control District. Candidates who attain a passing score on both the entry level exam and the physical abilities test will be placed on the department’s eligibility list. East Lake Special Fire Control District will contact candidates on the list and will invite them to continue to participate in other stages of the department selection process.
National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing and CPAT testing in a standardized, professional environment. National Testing Network does not replace the East Lake Special Fire Control District’s responsibility and decision making in the testing process. All candidate results are provided to East Lake Special Fire Control District where the final decisions are made.
ELFR is a drug free workplace, requires pre-employment physical including drug testing, provides Veterans Preference, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, marital status or disability.