Pinellas opens nine new Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) donation sites
Sites to operate this week Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to noon
· Nine sites to start collecting PPE donations starting Monday, 4/6/20.
· Supplies needed include: face masks, surgical gloves, safety glasses, surgical gowns, hand sanitizer and more
· Pinellas County is collecting supplies for local health care facilities and first responders
Pinellas County is grateful to the many businesses and individuals that have donated thousands of gloves, masks and other Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) supplies to help protect health workers and first responders on the front lines in the fight against the COVID-19.
Due to the critical need for personal protective equipment and disinfectants, the County is coordinating nine new donation sites at local fire stations and nonprofits that will operate this week Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – noon:
PPE Donation sites:
• Fire Station 29, 11195 70th Ave. N., Seminole
• Fire Station 57, 3375 Tarpon Lake Blvd, Palm Harbor
• Fire Station 54, 225 Pine Ave, Oldsmar
• Fire Station 35, 11350 N 43rd St., Pinellas Park
• Fire Station 25, 250 Municipal Drive, Madeira Beach
• Fire Station 24, 180 108th Ave., Treasure Island
• Fire Station 23, 7301 Gulf Blvd., St Pete Beach
• St. Pete Free Clinic, 3115 44th Ave N., St Petersburg
• RCS Pinellas, 700 Druid Road, Clearwater
Supplies will be delivered to local hospitals, long-term care facilities, and first responders to ensure their safety as they take care of our community.
Personal protection equipment (PPE) items:
•Surgical face masks (note: we cannot accept homemade face masks at this time)
•Nitrile exam gloves, powder free
•5 and 7 mil nitrile gloves
•Eye protection - safety glasses
•Surgical tear away gowns
•Safety eye goggles
•Hand sanitizer (any size) 60% Alcohol
•91% isopropyl alcohol
•Lysol disinfectant spray
•3% hydrogen peroxide
Medical devices requested (new and unused only, please):
•Ventilators - Hospital, Transport, Home Use - Invasive positive pressure ventilators that can be utilized for intubated patients
•CPAP - Hospital, Disposable, Home Sleep Apnea
•BiPAP/BiLevel - Hospital, Disposable, Home Sleep Apnea
•High Flow Nasal Cannula Set-ups
Only the above items will be accepted. Items must be unopened and unused.
Citizens and businesses can continue help our local food banks by taking non-perishable food items to one of the following food banks:
Tarpon Springs Shepherd Center: http://tscenter.org
Food Donations accepted: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
304 S. Pinellas Ave, Tarpon Springs, 34689
RCS Pinellas: https://rcspinellas.org
Food Donations accepted: Mon-Fri, 8 - 4 p.m., Thursdays 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
700 Druid Road, Clearwater, 33756
St. Pete Free Clinic: https://stpetersburgfreeclinic.org
Food donations accepted: Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
863 3rd Ave N, St. Petersburg, 33701
For up-to-date information on opportunities for business donations, visit www.pced.org/donate
For questions, please call the Citizen Information Center at (727) 464-4333 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday; Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Those with hearing impairment can chat online at www.bit.ly/PinellasChat.