March 24, 2020
Pinellas: Donations needed to help fight COVID-19
Individuals and businesses can bring items to one of three locations beginning Wednesday
- Only those supplies listed should be brought to the donation sites
- Staff will pick up donations from vehicles to ensure safe social distancing
- Donations will be accepted from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays and 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday until further notice
- Businesses that can provide needed items are asked to call the Citizens Information Center (CIC) at (727) 464-4333 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday; Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Anticipating potential shortages in the county-wide response to COVID-19, Pinellas County is proactively collecting personal protective equipment (PPE) and disinfectants for our hospitals, first responders, emergency medical services, nursing homes and home healthcare workers.
These supplies will then be delivered to our local hospitals, long-term care facilities, and first responders to ensure their safety as they take care of our community.
Personal protection equipment (PPE) items requested:
- Surgical face masks (note: we cannot accept homemade face masks at this time)
- P100 masks
- N95 masks
- Face shields
- Nitrile exam gloves, powder free
- 5 and 7 mil nitrile gloves
- Eye protection - safety glasses
- Surgical tear away gowns
- Safety eye goggles
- Hand sanitizer (any size) 60% Alcohol
- 91% isopropyl alcohol
- Clorox wipes
- Lysol disinfectant spray
- Sani-cloth wipes
- 3% hydrogen peroxide
Medical equipment requested:
Pinellas County will open three sites to receive specific donations from businesses and individuals. Staff and volunteers will retrieve items from vehicles to maximize social distancing.
Please drop off your donations on weekdays starting today from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., or on Saturday, March 28, from 10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at the following locations:
· St. Ignatius Roman Catholic Church, 715 E Orange St., Tarpon Springs, 64689
· Walsingham Park, 12615 102nd Ave., Seminole, 33778.
· Tropicana Field, Lot 4, 198 17th St.. S., St. Petersburg, 33705
Other items, such as food, clothing and blankets, are not accepted at the above donation sites.
Citizens and businesses can help our local food banks by taking non-perishable food items to one of the following locations:
Tarpon Springs Shepherd Center: http://tscenter.org
Food Donations accepted: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
304 S. Pinellas Ave, Tarpon Springs, 34689
RCS Pinellas: https://rcspinellas.org
Food Donations accepted: Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Thursdays 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
700 Druid Road, Clearwater, 33756
St. Pete Free Clinic: https://stpetersburgfreeclinic.org
Food donations accepted: Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:30 am. - 12:30 p.m.
863 3rd Ave N, St. Petersburg, 33701
Pinellas County is soliciting the help of the business community directly. For questions, please call the Citizen Information Center at (727) 464-4333 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday; Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Those with hearing impairment can chat online at www.bit.ly/PinellasChat.